dimanche, novembre 28, 2010

pretty short somehow






Salut!

Anesthesiology or as how I called it in the previous post as ilmu pembiusan, has come to the end of 4 weeks. Yes, and that too explains how busy I have been all these 4 weeks running around the ER like there's no tomorrow and you never see the sun. All you see is people half alive and machines and drugs. Don't get me wrong, it is by far the 2nd most interesting rotations so far (apart from surgery) that I never fail to be amazed by the knowledge.. BUT I don't think I'll choose this as my profession to go later. I'm still a faithful junky to scalpels.

Ah let's see where shall we take off... let's do it part by part shall we?


Week 1 (block course)

I think i did put it in my previous post about the horrible nametag? Till today I still somehow have it but it's hanging faithfully at my work area instead of my neck. Never see the point in wearing it anyway. So, week 1 was full of sharpening your emergency skills right from A t0 E. And updating us with the new protocols and what not. It was full from 7am-4pm and always cause my mind to float everywhere at 1pm because my gastric sac (no you don't call it a sac) just starts to get level 3 active, and also at 4pm (if we happen to finish late) because my brain is hypoxic already. That's pretty much monday till friday. come saturday we have this mini block course exam... annnddd sat night, the real challenge starts! hiyaaah!!!!

Mine was a RES,OK,ROI sequence which made my RES duty to total up a wee bit more than my the other duties but it all sums up to 10 times to be on duty in 3 weeks whiiicchhh in easier words, almost every other 12 hours. That's how harsh the hours are and to be on duty at RES and ROI, sleep is a far catch because these days, it's trauma season. Everybody comes in with a crushed leg, or fractured bone here bone there bone everywhere, bleeding brain, a combination of all and just so many other traumas you can accessorize with, till at one point, the intensive observation unit (ROI) has a total 21 patients and 19 of them are patients with multiple trauma. They should really consider on having a special wing for trauma patients instead of just a shared area of 10 beds optimum but now swelling up by the hour, because if more patients were to come, there isn't enough ventilators, monitors, syringe pump, doctors, energy, space.. everything, you name it. So that is ROI in the hospital I'm working in right now. It's loaded with knowledge a.k.a patients but too little space and facilities. By space, don't get me wrong, hospital's huge. (now you can imagine the number of patients).




Now somehow i lost track of what i'm writing because i did this in 2 separate days. But hell yes i miss anesthesiology to bits. The working environment is better than what i am experiencing now. Just so different. Anyways, I should end this post here.. losing track is definitely disturbing the story flow.

terribly sorry.


Aucun commentaire: